I want to welcome you and your child to the 2020-2021 school year at Rio Vista Elementary. My name is Mr. Martinez and I will be your child’s teacher. I know we didn’t plan the school year to start this way, but here we are….getting ready to embark on a new adventure together! Despite these challenging times, I’m looking forward to the exciting year ahead as we work together. The beginning months of school will look very different online versus in the classroom, but rest assured I’m going to do my best to make distance learning fun, academic, and purposeful.
Below are important topics for the upcoming months of online learning. Please note, distance learning now, is going to look very different from distance learning last spring. PYLUSD remote learning will include:
- Structured attendance (taken daily at 8:20 AM)
- Daily live instruction throughout the day starting 8:20-2:45. The schedule will be provided in Google Classroom on 9/1/2020.
- Student engagement
- Return to traditional grading
- The core set of consistent online tools and standards-based curricula
- Feedback and assessment
- Family outreach
Please know I will be here for you every step of the way. I too have a lot to learn and look forward to having you by my side.
Important Upcoming Reminders:
- In your child’s supply bag, you will find all the supplies needed for daily instruction. Please leave supplies alone until the first class meeting. We will set up our notebooks, and discuss the contents of the bag.
- BEFORE SEPEMBER 1ST PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Have your child log in to our Google Classroom via Clever. Class code p4eocmr
- We will discuss more specific information at Back to School night on Thursday, September 3rd (via Zoom), so don’t forget to mark your calendars!!!
Thank you very much! I look forward to our partnership in the education of your child.